This is the time of year where I love to pull out my comfort food recipes. The types of dishes the fill you up and keep you warm. One of my favorite types of dinner is soup and salad. And last night we had Beef Stroganoff Soup.
It was really good and it's super easy. I hope you'll give it a try.
BEEF STROGANOFF SOUP
- 1 Tbsp, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs, Eye of Round Steak, cut in thin 1" strips
- 4 cans mushrooms, drained
- 96 oz, Beef Broth, reduced sodium
- 6 oz, tomato paste
- 8 oz, sour cream, reduced-fat
- 6 oz, Egg Noodles, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp, Onion powder
- 2 Tbsp, Garlic powder
- Season Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, add the olive oil and diced onions. Cook over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Add the garlic and steak. Cook until steak is no longer pink.
- Add broth, mushrooms, tomato paste and seasonings. Let boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the sour cream. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the noodle and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove promptly from heat and serve with a salad.