This past weekend while a winter storm dropped inches and inches of the white stuff, I found a few minutes to do a bit of baking. And I knew exactly what I wanted to make...Chai Cookies. My daughter had made them over the holidays and I fell in love. How could I not? They were made up of two of my favorite things--cookies and tea. What an awesome combination. ;-) So I thought I'd share them with you.
Chai Cookies (makes 36)
- Sugar Cookie dough (either one ready-to-go roll from the grocery store or one batch of your favorite)
- 3 tsp Chai mix
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup pecans pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, hand break pecan halves into pieces.
- Add ½ cup flour, 2 tsp Chair mix and cookie dough.
- Mix by hand until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Using thumb or palms, flatten the ball slightly. Place on baking sheet, leaving 1 inch spacing.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes.
- In a small dish, mix 1 cup powdered sugar and the remaining tsp of chair mix.
- Cool cookies for 5 minutes.
- Roll cookie in the powder sugar mix and then place on cooling rack.
- Store in Ziploc or other sealed container.