I’m honored to be nominated by a wonderful author and
friend, Tracey Rogers to
participate in this fun blog hop.
The idea of this hop is for authors to give answers based on their current release and/or work in progress. My answers are going to be based around my upcoming October release, SNOWBOUND WITH THE SOLDIER. Also you get to share a tasty recipe which is linked to your chosen release/WIP. *licks lips*
1. When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?
Oh boy, I hope I don’t have to pick one or the other as I love both. And sometimes one after the other. ;-) For sweet, I love chocolate especially white chocolate. For salty, I love Ranch-flavored rice crisps.
2. Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? Are they real pants or jammies?
I’m a hybrid. I started out as one who flies by the seat of their pants but then I had to do far too much rewriting so I started writing myself a roadmap. The thing is my hero and heroine always take on a life of their own and off we go on a detour, but that’s what makes writing so exciting. So when I finish the book, I ALWAYS have to rewrite/tweak/update my synopsis.
P.S. I love my jammies especially in the winter when it’s cold, there’s nothing better than writing under the warm, soft blankies. ;-) Aww…the benefits of being a writer. :-D
3. When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?
Umm…recipe? What’s that? LOL. Depends on what I’m making. There are a few that I will follow the recipe, but for the most part I like to wing it and see what I come up with. Or else I start with a recipe and keep adding my own touches until it is my own.
4. What is next for you after this book?
After SNOWBOUND WITH THE SOLDIER, I have my third book coming out in March 2014, SAFE IN THE TYCOON’S ARMS. If you’ve hung out with me on Twitter you’ll recognize this book as Mr. GQ and the hammer-wielding heroine’s story.
5. Last Question … on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?
This book is definitely filled with sexual tension but it’s still a sweet read. So maybe a four.
Since SNOWBOUND WITH THE SOLDIER is a holiday read, I’m going to pull out a recipe I use every year for my family. After trying various recipes, this is hands down the family’s favorite sugar cookie. It’s also a recipe used in the book.
It’s easy, fast and tasty. How could you ask for more? :-)
Rolled Sugar Cookies
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 tsp vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Add baking soda. Blend. Slowly add flour, blending after each small addition until all flour is blended.
- Refrigerate for an hour minimum.
- Roll and cut into your favorite shapes. And decorate.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
I think one of my favorite parts of this is that I have my grandmother’s cookie cutters that I used as a little kid so it fills me with lots of good memories.
Now it’s my turn to nominate some wonderful people:
I can’t wait to see what’s next up for them!