On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me a homemade gift...
One of the things my family loves to do is give handmade gifts. And one of our favorites to get and receive are jar gifts.
Brownies in a Jar
2 1/4 cups white sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt\
1 quart canning jar
- Clean and thoroughly dry jar and lid.
- Add sugar. Press firmly.
- Add dark cocoa powder. Press firmly.
- Add nuts evenly.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the jar and add lid.
- You can get fancy and add a round of holiday fabric between the lid and the ring.
- With ribbon, attach the following directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Empty jar into large bowl. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Add 3/4 cup of softened butter or margarine and 4 beaten eggs. Mix completely. Spread batter evening in pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan. Enjoy!
After losing his Atlanta home and family to the war, Confederate soldier, Jeb Carter, somehow wakes up in a Boston hospital. Alone, desperate, and with a badly broken leg, he pretends to be mute to save himself from those he hates—Yankees.
Gwen Abbott, a student at Boston Women’s Medical College, is elated when she’s allowed to study under the guidance of a prominent doctor at Massachusetts General. While forced into a courtship with a man she can scarcely tolerate, her thoughts are consumed with their mysterious new patient. If only he could talk.
Two strangers from different worlds, joined by fate. Perhaps love can speak without words and win a war without a single shot being fired.
Pick up a copy today from Amazon.
As part of The 12 Days of Christmas celebration, Jeanne donated an autographed paperback copy of Marked, paired with a $10 Starbucks card from Jessica Jefferson to the prize list. Click HERE for this and many more random drawings. To follow the celebration, find a new recipe, pick up a holiday decorating or shopping tip, click HERE.